How to Record Skype Calls on iPhone and Android, Windows, Mac.
Whether you want to make a meeting available to your clients or play an unforgettable video chat with family or friends, Skype call recordings let you do it with one click.
Skype added audio and video call recording functionality in 2018 so you can save calls for future use.
Recording Skype conversations is easy when everyone in the meeting knows and agrees to record. This way, you can respect everyone’s privacy and avoid potential legal problems.
Here’s how to record Skype calls on Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android.
How to Record Skype Calls on Different Devices
Skype call recording is available in desktop, mobile and web versions, so you can use it on PC, Mac, Android, iPhone or iPad. Here are a few things to look out for before you start recording your calls:
- Skype will notify all participants that the call is being recorded.
- You can only record Skype-to-Skype calls.
- For video calls, Skype combines all streams in a recording, including yours.
- If you share your screen during a meeting, the recording will include the screen share.
- The maximum duration of one call recording is 24 hours. If it is longer, the recording can be split into several files.
- When you leave the call, recording will automatically stop. It will be available for 30 days, during which you can save, listen, or share with others.
How to Record Skype Calls on Windows 10
If you are using a Windows 10 PC, the recording happens in the cloud (on Microsoft servers) where it is stored for 30 days, so no local storage is required to save it.
- First, open Skype and press the audio or video button to start a session.
- Click the button with three dots in the lower right corner to open the menu.
- Then select “Start Recording” and Skype will start recording your audio or video call.
- Select the menu in the lower right corner and select Stop Recording. Alternatively, select “Stop Recording” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- When you stop recording, you will see an audio or video communication in the Skype chat window. From here, you can save, play, share, or manually download it to save on your computer.
You can download or delete a recording of a Skype conversation.
- To download a recording, go to the Recent Chats section, select a conversation, and right-click the recording to open a menu. Select Menu> Save to Downloads.
Select the folder where you want to save the recording, give it a descriptive filename, and then click Save. The file will be saved as an MP4 file.
- To delete a recording of a Skype conversation, go to the Recent Chats section, right-click the recording you want to delete, and choose Delete from the menu.
- Select “Delete” to completely remove the entry from your Skype chat history.
How to Record Skype Calls on Mac
Recording a Skype call on a Mac is as easy as it is on a Windows 10 PC. Here’s how.
- Start a Skype audio or video call on your Mac. Click the + button at the bottom right of the screen and then select Start Recording to record your session. All participants will receive a banner notification at the top of the screen that you are recording the current session.
- Just before ending the session, select Stop Recording at the top of the screen, or simply end the call.
- Go to chat and select menu> More options> Save to downloads to save the recording.
Note. You can also record audio or video calls for free using QuickTime Player on Mac. Open QuickTime on your Mac, choose File> New Screen Recording.
Press the Record button to start recording your Skype call, and then press the Stop button to stop recording, or press Command + Ctrl + Escape on your keyboard.
- To start recording Skype calls on your Android device, open Skype, tap the address book, and select the contact you want to call.
- Then tap the video or audio call button to start the call, and then tap the three dots in the lower right corner of the screen to open the menu.
How to Record Skype Calls on Android
- Click the Start Recording button and the call will be recorded. Your contact will receive a notification that you are recording a call.
- When you’re finished, click Stop Recording in the upper left corner. You can also tap the menu at the bottom and then tap Stop Recording.
The recording will be available for saving or posting on the Skype chat timeline. To save, share, or delete a recording, press and hold the recording in the chat window to display the Save, Forward, or Delete options.
How to Record Skype Calls on iPhone
With a simple tap, you can record Skype calls on your iPhone instead of taking notes to record everything.
- First, open Skype and start an audio or video call with your contact (s). ). Tap the three dots in the lower right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Click “Start Recording” as soon as the caller joins. When your session ends, your recording will be available in the Skype chat area.
- A notification will appear in the upper left corner of the screen that the recording has started. Press and hold a recording to save it to your device or share it with others.
Note. If you are not using Skype version 8.0, you may not be able to record audio or video calls. In this case, you can use a third-party application such as the free MP3 Skype Recorder, which works with Skype version 7 and is free for non-commercial use. Other such applications include Pamela for Skype and Evaer Skype for recording.
Record Skype Calls for Future Reference
If you usually use Skype to record meetings, video conferencing, or interviews, having a built-in recording device makes Skype feel like a versatile package.
The old version required third-party recorders, but some of them could be finicky, especially with video calls. Check out our other guides on how to record FaceTime and other VOIP calls, how to record screen recording on Mac, how to record a Zoom meeting, and the best screen recorder for Windows 10.
How to Record Skype Calls on iPhone and Android, Windows, Mac
How to Record Skype Calls on iPhone and Android, Windows, Mac.
record skype calls without party knowing
how to record skype calls on phone
how to record skype calls secretly
how to record skype video call on laptop
record skype calls android
how to record skype calls on windows 10
record skype for business calls