How To Stop Robotic Voice Issues On Discord. If you hear robotic or garbled voices on Discord, the issue might be related to your network or the processing power of your computer. In most cases, fixing voice problems can be quite simple, so we’ll help you do whatever you need to do to make your voice sound smooth again.
This is a troubleshooting guide, so you will need to follow each step one by one until you find a suitable solution. We’ll start with the simplest solutions first, and leave the more complex troubleshooting steps for last. I hope your problems will be resolved before you finish reading the article.
How to Fix Distorted Robots on Discord
Discord usually fixes these kinds of robot voice issues when your ping is too high for the server you’re talking to. You can change your voice server to one closer to you to reduce ping.
To do this, you must be a server administrator. If you are not an administrator, please submit this article to an administrator or moderator so they can help you.
As a server administrator, you can change the location of your voice server by following these steps.
- After connecting to the server, click the server name in the upper left corner. Then click “Server Settings”.
- On the next page, click Edit under the server region field on the browse tab. You will not seeping for regions, but you should select the server that is closest to your service users. If you have a wide range of users, try to find the one that is geographically closest to the largest number of users.
- Changing the region may take a while, so try again every few hours to see if the issue is resolved. If the server is already closest to your current physical location, try the next closest location instead.
Disable QoS In Discord
If this is a single issue that you are having trouble with, try disabling Quality of Service (QoS). The QoS feature in Discord will not work properly with some routers and may cause problems with the way you hear robots’ voices on your server.
- To turn off QoS, first, open Discord and then click the little gear in the lower-left corner that says “Custom Settings”.
- In the Application Settings section on the left, click Voice & Video.
- Then scroll down and click to disable the “Enable high priority packages for quality of service” option.
Restrict background network usage
If server location and ping are not important, it may be due to problems on the local network Take a speed test and see if your speed decreases in any way.
If any of your speeds are very slow, it could be because someone on your network is downloading or uploading, which is using all of your bandwidth. so, if you try to negotiate with those you share the network with to limit bandwidth.
You can use software like NetLimiter to limit bandwidth on your PC, or tweak QoS on your router to determine bandwidth limits. To find out more about the quality of service on your particular router, check with your ISP.
You should also restart your router. It can be surprising how often a simple router reset can fix any potential internet problems, such as hearing robotic voices on Discord.
Check performance in Task Manager
If you hear robotic, distorted voices at certain times, such as when playing games or rendering 3D images, use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC anytime you run into problems. The Task Manager will open and you can see your current hardware usage.
In Task Manager, go to the Performance tab to see your hardware usage. If something reaches 100%, you may need to update that particular part.
Typically, voice-related problems can be caused by 100% load on your processor. If you are unable to update your PC, you can try to restrict other applications running in the background, or if you use Discord while playing, lower your graphics settings. Decreasing parameters such as render distance or effect detail can help reduce CPU utilization.
Upgrade to Nitro
If your server is overloaded, there may be too many users on the voice server and Discord is having trouble. With a monthly subscription for $ 9.99, you can become a Discord Nitro member. This will give you a boost that you can use on your server to deliver 128kbps audio quality. At 15 boosts you get access to 256 kbps audio quality, and at 30 boosts you get 384 kbps audio quality.
Upgrading audio to 128 kbps is cheap, but others aren’t that much, so if you’re not willing to spend on this upgrade, you can always consider an alternative team chat app if your server has too many people talking for one time.
How To Stop Robotic Voice Issues On Discord
How To Stop Robotic Voice Issues On Discord