How to Convert Your Apple Notes to PDF.
The Notes app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac makes it easy to share notes in the form of a link via iCloud. It also allows you to collaborate on your notes with other people in real time. But if you prefer to share your notes as a file, the best way to ensure compatibility is to convert them to the universal PDF (Portable Document) format.
If you use Apple Notes on iPhone and iPad, there are a few relatively simple methods you can use to create PDFs from your notes. On Mac, the Notes app includes a dedicated PDF export feature that makes working even more accessible. In this tutorial, you will walk through each method step by step on your Apple device.
Markup and Save Notes to PDF on iPhone and iPad
The fastest way to convert a note in Apple Notes to PDF on iPhone and iPad is to open the markup screen. You can then save the file anywhere in the Files app, with or without annotations.
Note. In rare cases, saving a note containing text and images using markup can result in a PNG image file being generated. In this case, use the following method to print your note as a PDF.
1. Open the Notes app on iPhone or iPad and select the note you want to convert.
2. Tap the More icon (horizontal ellipsis) in the upper right corner of the screen. If the note is in a third-party account (such as Outlook or Gmail), tap the Share icon (the box with an arrow coming out of the top) instead.
3. Click Send a Copy.
4. Tap Markup to open the Markup screen on your iOS or iPadOS device.
Advice. Click “Save to Files” if you want to save the note as a TXT text file in the Files app.
5. Use the markup tools at the bottom of the screen – pen, pencil, highlighter, etc. – to annotate the note. On iPad, you can use your Apple Pencil to annotate. Continue to the next step if you don’t want to add anything to the note.
6. Click “Done” in the upper left corner of the screen.
7. Click Save File To.
8. Select a location in the Files app, such as On My iPhone/iPad. Then select an existing folder or click the New Folder button (in the upper right corner of the screen) to create a new folder.
9. Leave the default note name unchanged or double-tap to rename it.
10. Click “Save” to convert the note to a PDF file.
That’s all! Open the Files app and navigate to the location of the converted PDF note. Then press and hold the file icon and tap Share to share the note via Mail, Messages, AirDrop, and more. You also have access to a lot of other options. For example, you can rename the file, move it to a different directory, compress the PDF file as a ZIP file, etc.
Print Notes to PDF Format on iPhone and iPad
If you’re having trouble converting an Apple note to PDF using the method above (this can happen if the note contains a mix of text and images), you can use the “hidden” PDF printer on iPhone and iPad to “print” the note . in PDF. You can then save it to the Files app.
1. Open the Notes app and select the note you want to convert.
2. Touch the More icon. If the note is on a third-party account, click the Share button instead.
3. Click Print.
4. Perform a Pinch or Zoom gesture on any of the preview thumbnails at the bottom of the Print Options screen. This should convert the note to PDF in no time!
5. Tap the Share icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
6. Click Save to Files.
6. Select a folder in the Files app to save the PDF file.
7. Leave the default note name unchanged or rename it.
8. Click Save.
You can now share a PDF file after navigating to its saved location through the Files app. Or rename, move, compress or do whatever the Files app has to offer.
Advice. In step 8, you can send the converted PDF directly to AirDrop, Mail, Messages, etc. without saving it to local storage.
Export Notes as PDF Documents on Mac
If you’re using the Apple Notes app on your Mac, you can quickly convert any note to PDF using the Export to PDF feature built into macOS.
1. Open the Notes app on Mac and select the note you want to convert from the sidebar. Or double-click a note to open it in a new window.
Note. You cannot convert multiple notes to PDF at the same time.
2. Select File from the menu bar. Then select Export as PDF from the drop-down menu.
3. Leave the default note name as is, or change it in the Save As field. Then select Save to convert and export the note as a PDF document.
You should find the converted PDF note in the location you specified on your Mac. Control-click a file and choose Share to share it with an app like Mail or Messages. Or double-click to annotate and edit the PDF in Preview.
Can You Convert Apple Notes to PDF on Windows and Android?
Apple Notes is available as the iCloud.com web app for Windows and Android. However, it does not provide any built-in tools for converting notes to PDF. Trying to use your web browser’s PDF printer will also fail. The only option is to manually copy the contents of the note to a third-party PDF writer or printer, and then save everything as a PDF.
How to Convert Your Apple Notes to PDF
How to Convert Your Apple Notes to PDF