How to Delete Apps on Chromebook 2021.
There are many reasons why you want to uninstall apps from your Chromebook. This could be to free up storage space, clean up your device, or just get rid of apps you no longer use.
Just as there are several ways to install apps on a Chromebook, there are many ways to uninstall them. In this guide, we’ll list 6 methods to uninstall apps on Chromebook.
1. From the Shelf
If the app you want to uninstall is pinned to the Chromebook shelf, right-click or press and hold it, and then select Uninstall from the context menu.
2. From the App Launcher
The Launcher contains all the apps installed on your Chromebook. You can open, organize, and uninstall Chromebook apps from the launcher. Here’s how:
1. Click the Search button (on your keyboard) or the launcher icon (circle icon) in the lower-left corner of the screen.
2. Click the upward arrow on the partial launcher to open the full application launcher.
Tip: Press Shift + Search on your keyboard to instantly open the full launcher.
3. Right-click the application you want to uninstall and select Uninstall. If your Chromebook supports touchscreen, press and hold the app and select Uninstall (or Uninstall from Chrome).
4. Click Remove at the confirmation prompt to uninstall the application.
Pro Tip: A quicker way to remove an app from the Launcher is to hit the search button, enter the name of the app you want to uninstall, right-click or press and hold the app, and select Uninstall (or Uninstall from Chrome). …
3. From the Settings Menu
This is another easy way to uninstall apps from Chrome OS devices.
- Open Settings> Applications and select Manage Applications.
- Select the app you want to uninstall, or use the search bar to find an app.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the application from your device.
4. From the Play Store
The Google Play Store is another tool for uninstalling apps from your Chromebook. Follow the steps below to remove Chromebook apps from the Play Store.
1. Launch the Play Store and tap the profile picture embedded in the search bar.
2. Select My Apps & Games.
3. On the Installed tab, you will find the apps installed on your Chromebook under On This Device. Tap the app you want to uninstall and select Uninstall.
4. Select “Uninstall” at the confirmation prompt to uninstall the application.
5. From the Android Preferences Menu
Also Read : How to Remotely Sign Out of Chromebook
There is an Android settings menu in the Chrome OS settings menu. This menu is a clone of the settings interface found on Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how to uninstall apps on a Chromebook from the Android settings menu:
1. Launch Chrome OS Settings, go to Applications> Google Play Store and select Manage Android Settings. This will launch the smartphone version / interface in the Android settings menu.
2. Select Apps & Notifications.
3. Select “View All Applications”.
4. Select the application you want to uninstall.
5. Click the “Delete” button.
6. Click OK to remove the app from the Chromebook.
6. Delete Linux Apps from Chromebook
Linux-based Chromebook apps are very different from their Android counterparts. You cannot uninstall Linux apps from the settings menu, Android settings menu, or from the Google Play store.
- Instead, open the Chrome OS launcher (press Shift + Search) and tap the Linux apps folder.
- Right-click the application you want to uninstall and select Uninstall.
- Linux applications can also be uninstalled from the Chromebook through the Terminal application.
- Open the Chrome OS launcher.
- Open the Linux Applications folder and select Terminal.
- Type sudo apt-get remove in the Terminal window, leave a space, enter the name of the application you want to remove and press Enter.
- To remove the Linux version of Firefox, for example, type sudo apt-get remove firefox-esr and press Enter.
- Terminal will show you how much space your Chromebook will free up after you uninstall the app. Press y on your keyboard and hit Enter.
How to Delete Extensions from Chromebook
If you don’t find the option to uninstall an app in the Settings menu, in the Play Store library, or in the Android settings menu, this means the app cannot be uninstalled. It is also possible that the app is an extension of the Chrome Web Store.
To uninstall extensions on your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- Launch the Chrome web browser and select the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select More Tools and select Extensions.
- Find the extension you want to remove and click Remove.
- Click the Remove button in the pop-up window to remove the extension from your Chromebook.
- Another way to remove extensions is to click the extension icon next to the address, click the three-dot icon next to the extension and select Remove from Chrome.
Can’t Delete Apps from Your Chromebook? Try These Tricks
Removing apps from your Chromebook is easy. However, if you have problems uninstalling the app, please restart your device and try again. Press the Chromebook’s power button and the Refresh button for a quick restart.
If you still can’t uninstall the app, update your Chromebook to the latest version of Chrome OS and try again. Go to Settings> About Chrome OS and select Check for Updates to update your Chromebook.
Things to Note
While you can uninstall as many apps as you want, you cannot uninstall built-in apps like Chrome, files, the Web Store, etc. It’s also worth noting that deleting an app from your Chromebook will delete all data associated with the app. … …
How to Delete Apps on Chromebook 2021
How to Delete Apps on Chromebook 2021
how to right-click on chromebook
Also Read how to delete apps on chromebook youtube
how to delete on chromebook
how to uninstall app on chromebook
how to remove chrome extensions
remove chrome extensions android