The screensaver should appear after the specified time. If you still can’t see the Windows 10 splash screen even after waiting for that period of time, the issue might be related to your splash screen settings and you need to fix it in order for it to work.
If you still don’t know why the screensaver isn’t working on Windows 10, there are several ways to try before the problem is resolved. You don’t actually need to download anything or use any third-party apps to fix the problem, as most likely changing a setting here and there in your system configuration will fix the problem for you.
Update your system to fix Windows 10 screensaver not working
One of the possible reasons the screensaver is not working on your Windows 10 PC is because you have an older version of Windows installed on your computer. Older versions are known to have issues and bugs, and updating your computer to a newer version of the operating system will most likely fix the problem for you.
- Search for settings in the Cortana search box and click on it when you see it.
- Select the Update & Security option on the next screen to access the Windows update option.
- There will be several options on the left sidebar of the screen. Find the one that says “Windows Update” and click it to open it.
- On the right sidebar, you will find the Check for Updates button. Click it to check for updates for your PC.
- If an update is available, install it on your computer.
Check your Windows 10 screen saver settings
It goes without saying that you should have a screensaver selected in the Windows 10 screensaver settings menu, but some users forget to do this and therefore they do not see anything even if their computer is idle for a while. P>
The problem can be solved by going to the settings menu and choosing one of the available screensavers for your device. Once configured, the splash screen will display as expected.
- Use Cortana’s search box to find and open the Settings app.
- Click on the option labeled Personalize to access the Windows 10 splash screen location where you can view your splash screens.
- Select Lock Screen from the options available in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down in the right pane and select the option labeled Screen Saver Settings.
- On the next screen, you can choose one of the many splash screens available on your system. Click the Screensaver drop-down menu, select the option you want, specify a time-out in the Wait field, then click Apply and then OK.
Unplug the devices you do not use from your computer
One of the great things about Windows computers is that you can plug almost anything into them. These plug-ins typically include USB sticks, wireless keyboards and mice, and even game controllers.
As long as these devices are connected to your computer, they use certain built-in or third-party utilities to operate. Sometimes these utilities interfere with the screensaver settings and prevent it from working. After you have connected these devices, your computer thinks that you are using them, or plan to use them, and therefore keeps it awake.
This behavior prevents the screensaver from starting on your computer. However, there is a very simple way to fix this: disconnect all unnecessary devices from the computer. After that, your screensavers will continue to work in Windows 10 as before.
Keep the mouse clean and away from any movements
You probably already know why and when your computer activates screen saver mode. For those of you who don’t, the screensaver is activated after a certain amount of time has passed in the settings and there should be no activity on your computer.
It is easy to remove the keyboard from any action, but the situation is different with the mouse. Especially if your mouse has collected dust or is in a place where it detects any movement, this will prevent your machine from sleeping. This will prevent the screensaver from starting and the problem will continue until you can keep the mouse idle.
A good way to fix this is to dust the mouse off and try to lay it down on a flat surface without any problem. This should fix your problem if it was caused by peripherals.
Reset power settings on Windows 10 PC
The screensaver is actually the result of the power scheme used by your computer. If these settings are not configured properly, it will cause the screensaver to not work in Windows 10.
Resetting your power settings should fix this for you.
- Click the Cortana search box, search for and open Control Panel.
- Make sure you view it in large icons mode. Click the Power Options link.
- Click Change Plan Settings next to your plan.
- Click Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Select a power plan and click “Restore default plan settings” at the bottom. Then click Apply and click OK.
Resolve Windows 10 screen saver problems with the Power Troubleshooter
If none of the above methods worked for you, you can let your system detect the problem on its own and offer you suggestions for fixing it. There is indeed a troubleshooter on your PC to help you fix the power problems on your PC.
- Launch the Settings app on your PC.
- Click the Update & Security option.
- Select “Troubleshoot” from the left sidebar.
- Click Power in the right sidebar and select Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait while it detects problems and suggests possible solutions.
We hope this guide helped you fix the splash screen problem on your Windows 10 computer. And if so, let us know which method worked for you in the comments below.