How to get the most out of Duolingo 2021.
International travel can be difficult or nearly impossible due to the restrictions of Covid-19, but there is no reason you can’t use this time to learn a new language or brush up on one you already know. Duolingo is a language learning app that you can use for free, and you can subscribe to Duolingo Plus to get additional features for as little as $ 8 a month.
Duolingo’s popularity means that it is constantly adding new languages. English speakers can currently choose from 34 different languages, including common languages like Spanish, Japanese, and Arabic, as well as less common, artificially created languages like Esperanto, Klingon, and even High Valyrian!
Despite its rich feature set, Duolingo can be confusing at times. The tips and tricks below will help you get the most out of your language learning app.
Enabling Dark Mode in the Duolingo App
Make it easy to learn a new language by turning on Dark Mode on iOS, Android, and Chrome devices.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Select Display and Brightness.
- Select “Dark”.
- Restart the Duolingo app, if it is already open, it will be in dark mode from now on.
- In the Duolingo app, go to your profile.
- Click the settings icon (gear).
- Set dark mode to On.
Google Chrome: (* Warning: This method is part of experimental Chrome features and may result in data loss and/or breaches of security and privacy. Please also note that the change will affect all websites, not just Duolingo.)
- Enter chrome: // flags in the search bar.
- Press Enter.
- Enter “Force dark mode for web content” in the search box.
Turning on dark mode can help you spend more time studying, so it’s worth doing.
Accessing Your Duolingo Profile
Your profile tells you when you joined Duolingo and provides some statistics about your work. Sign in to your profile by clicking on the profile icon at the bottom of the Duolingo app.
From there you can:
Tap the Settings (gear / gear) icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to:
Adding friends can be a really good motivator. Every time you reach a certain milestone, your friends can send you congratulations!
Reset or Remove a Duolingo Course
Perhaps you haven’t used Duolingo for a long time and forgot everything you learned. Here’s how to start over.
Now you can start learning languages from the very first lesson.
Participating in the Duolingo Forums
The Duolingo Forum is filled with other language learners looking to help and receive help. Post your questions or browse different topics. There is a lot of useful information on the forum and you will never see it if you stick to the application.
Get the support and motivation you need by visiting the Duolingo Forum!
How to Get Duolingo XP Fast
Let’s say you want to climb to the top of the leaderboard as quickly as possible. What’s the best way to do this? The short answer is Stories.
While a typical lesson gives you 20 experience points, it can take a few minutes to complete. On the other hand, the stories are shorter and offer more experience than regular lessons.
League Leaderboards are another way Duolingo motivates you to keep learning.
Getting Even More Data on Your Duolingo Progress
Despite all its features, Duolingo doesn’t let you know exactly how far you’ve come. Log into DuoMe.
The DuoMe website describes itself as the “Unofficial Hall of Fame”. If you have an active / losing streak for more than 100 days, you can be listed on the website. Find yourself by username, for example: duome.eu/MaggieMary2. If you are there, you will be able to access all kinds of statistics about your work, including:
- change your avatar (profile picture).
- view your stats.
- see your friends.
- specify whether Duolingo should include speaking and listening exercises in your lessons. This is useful when you are in public and do not want to speak out loud.
- Configure notification settings.
- Set up a daily goal, which is how many minutes a day you want to spend in Duolingo.
- On the Duolingo website, hover over your profile icon and select Settings.
- Select the language of instruction in the right panel.
- Select a language from the drop-down list.
- Select Reset or Remove Languages.
- Click the Reset Progress or Delete button.
You may find that you have learned more than you thought!
The Duolingo Podcast
Practice your foreign language listening skills by subscribing to the Duolingo podcast. You can subscribe in the app or on the website. Three languages are currently supported:
- your level;
- the number of CZK you earned
- The number of skills you learned
- The number of lessons you completed
- The number of lexemes learned
- Access these podcasts on the website, Spotify, Stitcher, or iTunes.Podcasts are especially valuable for learners who are not native speakers of the language they want to learn. Experts agree that the more you can immerse yourself in learning a new language, the more progress you will make.
Downloading Duolingo Lessons for Offline Learning
A feature was only available to Duolingo Plus subscribers. Downloading lessons for offline use can be useful when you’re traveling and want to continue your Duolingo series. If you do not have Internet access or do not want to use your mobile data, you can download the lessons by clicking on the Duolingo owl on the lessons screen and selecting Download.
How to Cancel Your Duolingo Plus Subscription
How you originally purchased your Duolingo Plus subscription determines how you are going to cancel it. If you bought Duolingo for Android, sign in to your Google account and go to the Subscriptions and Services section. Find your Duolingo subscription, select Manage, and then Unsubscribe.
IOS users can go to the Settings app and select iTunes and App Store. Select your Apple ID, then select Subscriptions. Find your Duolingo subscription and select “Unsubscribe”.
Finally, if you signed up through the Duolingo website, simply log into your account in a web browser, go to your profile, and select “Settings.” Select Duolingo Plus, and then click Unsubscribe.
Regardless of which cancellation method you use. You can continue to use Duolingo Plus until the end of your current subscription period.
- Spanish for English speakers
- French for English speakers
- English for Spanish speakers
How to get the most out of Duolingo 2021
How to get the most out of Duolingo 2021.
best way to do duolingo tree
how fluent can you get with duolingo
is duolingo free
duolingo vs babbel.
what I How to get the most out of Duolingo 2021 The world’s best way to learn a language.