How to face swap in photoshop 2020.
A face swap, as silly as it may seem, can be a great tool for photographers. If you find that someone, for example, had their eyes closed in every photo, changing their faces can solve the problem. You can change the face of a bad photo with the same face for a better one.
While face-swapping for a comedic effect is also common and can be done easily in Photoshop if that’s your goal. And sometimes it can look surprisingly real if done right. So read on if you want to take some face swap photos.
How to Face Swap in Photoshop With Masks
There are several different ways to do face swaps, and one of them is using mask layers in Photoshop. This makes it easy to change your face so that it looks like it fits the rest of the person.
This method works best if the two photos you are using are similar. Here’s how to do it:
- Place the photo with the face you want to use as the bottom layer and the photo with the face you want to replace as the top layer.
- Align the layers by choosing Edit> Auto-Align Layers. Make sure the person you are editing in both photos is correctly aligned.
- Add a white mask layer at the top and set the opacity to 100%.
- Using the Brush tool with 100% opacity and black selected, paint over the face to be swapped. You should see the face you want to use to replace your original face when brushing.
This method works well enough for basic face replacements as long as you’re not trying to pay too much attention to details or want to make them look very realistic. But if you want something more realistic, you can also use object selection to get your job done.
How to Face Swap in Photoshop With Object Selection
This method makes the face replacement cleaner, but it is also not that difficult. All you have to do is select the face you want to use and move it to another photo. Follow these steps to change your face this way:
- Open the face image you want to use.
- Select the Object Selector tool and select the entire face. Save this to your layer.
- Drag the face you prefer to use over the face you want to replace. Make sure it looks natural by resizing the face and sliding it until it fits.
- To see how well you line up the objects, lower the layer‘s opacity until you can see the bottom layer. Align the facial features in this way, and then adjust the opacity again.
This method will work best if both images have the same quality and lighting levels. If you need to fix something else, like lighting or color, there are several ways to fix these problems.
Making the Face Swap Look Natural
If your face swap looks a little odd and suggests that some work has been done on the photo, you can try some techniques to make the face swap more natural. This will make the changed face look like it has never changed at all. Pay attention to light and color differences when changing face images.
As you can see in this image, the face replacing the original face is much brighter than the original photo.
Here’s how to use this feature:
- Select the image layer you want to change.
- Select Image> Adjustments> Match Color.
- In the Match Color window, click the Source drop-down box and select an image to match the color of the target image.
- From here you can use the Match Color window to change the brightness, color intensity and fading. You can use the Selection tool to change them in specific areas of the image. If you don’t want the color to match only the selected area, you can check the “Ignore selection when applying adjustments” checkbox.
- You can select the Neutralize checkbox to remove the color changes you have made to the area.
Besides using Match Color, you can also use the Blend tool to easily blend the replaced face with the new image. You can also use the Auto Blend Layers option and select Seamless Tones and Colors to correct some inconsistencies between the two faces.
When you like the image, be sure to save it so you don’t lose anything.
Face Swapping in Photoshop
Whether you want to make your photo look more natural, or just quickly change your face to show your friends, it’s easy to do in Photoshop by following this tutorial. As long as you have images that will work well when swapping faces, you should have no problem creating them.
How to face swap in photoshop 2020
How to face swap in photoshop 2020
face swap photoshop online
face swap photoshop app
photoshop face swap free download
how to photoshop a head onto
how to face swap in photoshop 2021
photoshop face editing
photoshop face swap plugin
how to photoshop a face into a picture