What are the best webcam covers?.
Personal privacy is extremely important to your peace of mind and safety. One area that many people are unaware of that can jeopardize your privacy is the one that is often right in front of you – your laptop or your computer's webcam.
If you think about it, constantly aiming a small camera at you may not be the safest option. But when you consider that there are many people who have the ability to access your webcam and see what is displayed through it, the whole perspective might seem even more dubious.
Breach of Privacy
You may see people, friends, or family members covering their webcams for good reason. That's why they do it and why you should do it too.
- If someone has experience and resources, such as certain computer hacking software or your login details, they can access your webcam. Built-in firewall and antivirus software provide some protection, but there are always ways to get around them.
- If you use your computer on public networks in libraries, schools or cafes, you are at even greater risk of being compromised as many other strangers (and would-be hackers) are connected to the same network.
- If you visit suspicious websites and download malicious applications or receive strange emails with links you accidentally click on, you could unknowingly give a hacker access to your computer.
- Hackers using webcams can turn off the indicator light to tell you that your camera is on. This way, someone can view or record your webcam without informing you about it.
- In 2016, FBI Director James Comey told people to cover their webcams, and he does it himself. …
If you don't want to tape your webcam, there are many sophisticated webcam cases available. Below you will find a list of the best.
Best Webcam Covers
To properly close your webcam, you can use any of these great webcam cases listed below. They each have a few different features, so pick the one that works best for you.
This cover is a thin metal latch with a simple design that protects your webcam when not in use. This cover works with most devices including your PC, Mac, iPhone or iPad. You can buy a two-pack on Amazon for $ 6.99.
If you're after a cheaper option, these sleek webcam cases will do the trick for as little as $ 2.65 for a pack of six. These cases will also work with most webcam devices, namely your computers, smartphones or tablets.
- Cuxnoo webcam cover
If you want to add a little color to your webcam cover, they provide both functionality and style. They also feature a sliding mechanism to easily switch between coverage and open webcam. You can get them in a multicolored pack of eight for $ 6.99.
- Eyebloc webcam case
Designed specifically for Macbooks, the Eyebloc has built-in magnets around the edges of the device for adhesion without glue. It also fits perfectly into the top of your Macbook to avoid distractions.
This cover also has a slider and can be purchased for $ 19.95.
- Nanobloc Universal Webcam Cases
These cases are perfect if you want to cover multiple devices. Instead of sticky glue, they use a suction cup.
Nanobloc comes in two different forms to cover a computer or laptop webcam or a smartphone camera. They're also reusable, so you don't have to throw them away when you need a case for new devices.
You can buy them in packs of seven for $ 9.99.
Covering Your Webcam
Protecting yourself by covering your webcam is a quick and easy change. The aforementioned covers make it easy to protect your privacy, especially if you still need regular webcam access.
Take it easy, take cover and stay away from evil prying eyes.
What are the best webcam covers?
What are the best webcam covers?
best webcam cover for macbook pro
webcam cover sticker
dell webcam cover
webcam cover for laptops
best phone camera cover
diy webcam cover
clip on webcam cover
clip on webcam cover for laptop