YouTube Vanced – The Best YouTube Alternative App For Android.
We’ve already talked about the 10 best alternatives to YouTube apps for Android, but it looks like there’s a new kid in town – iYTBP (now called YouTube Vanced) – a modified version of the YouTube app that looks and feels in exactly like the official YouTube app, but with additional features.
YouTube Vanced is based on the source code of the popular Xposed module, YouTube Background Playback, which until now required root access. But no more. A developer recently found a way to make it work even on non-rooted devices.
YouTube Vanced isn’t the first app to do this. There have been many modified versions of the YouTube app so far, such as the popular OGYouTube (which was unfortunately dropped by the developer), but in any case, most of this modified version of the YouTube app is just a simple YouTube shell and not an actual app.
YouTube Vanced, on the other hand, looks exactly like the official YouTube app, with a dark theme. You can sign in to your YouTube account, upload a video, or even start live streaming, all of the options you find in the original YouTube app can be found in YouTube Vanced.
What can you do about it?
Besides the regular YouTube app for watching and downloading videos, there are 2 special things you can do in this app.
1. It can play YouTube videos in the background, which works as smoothly as YouTube RED, i.e. you are watching some video on YouTube Vanced and then decide to press the home button or lock the screen, well, in that case, the video is still playing in the background. The transition is smooth, playback does not stop for a second.
2. There are no ads in the app. There are no banner ads or video ads at the beginning of the video.
What can’t you do about it?
1. Unlike OGYouTube, YouTube Vanced has no way to upload videos, and according to its developer, this will never happen. However, you can still save videos offline for a few days, just like the official YouTube app.
2. On first launch, the application runs a little slower. But as soon as you start playing any video, no buffering or application crashes occur. The build is stable.
3. PiP – Picture-in-Picture mode if your Android phone is running Oreo or higher.
YouTube Vanced – Best YouTube alternative app
1. To get iYTBP on Android device without rooting, you need to install 2 files.
- A modified version of YouTube that is the application itself. (choose any color)
- MicroG for YouTube which you will need to sign in to your YouTube account.
Download both files from this link.
2. When you have both files, first install MicroG for YouTube, this will allow you to enter the YouTube Vanced app.
3. Now open the new modified YouTube app and subscribe by going to settings.
4. Now you can make the new YouTube app the default and disable the previous one.
But is it safe? Well, there is no one hundred percent certainty. Although I have been using it for the past week and there is no indication that anything fishy is going on here. In addition, it uses Google web login when you want to login
Overall, I have been using this app for several months now before writing this post. And at the moment I have never had any problems. It almost looks like a regular YouTube app with much-needed options.